August 19, 2020 Special Board of Education Meeting
Please send all public comments to be read into the
minutes to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
All public comments will be read into the public record and become part of
the official minutes. Please include your full name and your comment, no
later than 5:00pm, Wednesday, August 19, 2020.Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 865 6838 9871
Passcode: 396378Participants should remain muted on the Zoom meeting to ensure better audio quality._______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
New Family Registration
Welcome to the Manhattan School District
New families that will be registering in the Manhattan Schools should contact Mrs. Debbie Jones in the District Office at 815-531-3350 or by emailing her at email@example.com, to schedule an appointment.
Information regarding health requirements, registration fees, and school supplies can be found on our website.
The District Office is located at: Wilson Creek Elementary, 25440 S. Gougar Rd, Manhattan, IL 60442. Walk-in Registration is between 8:00am - 1:00pm. Other times available by scheduling an appointment with Mrs. Jones.
Manhattan School District 114 Strategic Plan Update
MANHATTAN 114 ISBE SCHOOL REPORT CARDS 2019
- We believe that the chief purpose of the school is the all-around development of each child as an individual and as a citizen.
- We believe that it is our duty as teachers to train pupils, that they may learn to live together peaceably, cooperatively, and efficiently as intelligent individuals in an increasingly changing world.
- We believe in a democratically operated school system at all levels. Pupils will learn the democratic way only as they have a chance to share it.
- We believe that the school should help develop in its pupils a strong sense of sound American patriotism together with a full understanding of the liberties and responsibilities which come under citizenship.
- We believe that community understanding, interest, and cooperation are necessary for the continuing success of any desirable school program.
- We believe that good classroom order and a healthy, cooperative working atmosphere are essential to the effective conduct of any class.
Manhattan named to TOP Ten Safest Cities in Illinois (click link to go to article)
Manhattan, IL is a SAFE place to live and raise your family. Manhattan recently was named to the Top Ten of the Top 50 Safest Cities in Illinois. In fact, Manhattan ranks #8 in the safest cities in the State of Illinois. It takes the entire community to make Manhattan Great!
Manhattan named to TOP 25 SUBURBS (click link to go to article)
Manhattan, IL is a great place to live and raise your family. According to niche.com, Manhattan is #25 on the list of Top 100 suburbs to live in Illinois. Manhattan School District 114 is very proud to be a part of the reason why Manhattan is recognized as a great place to live, raise, your family, and educate your children.
Chicago Magazine recognizes Manhattan 114 Schools by ranking Anna McDonald School as #2 Elementary School in Will County (click link to go to article)