The Staff, Administration, and Board of Education of Manhattan District 114 are committed to promoting excellence in student achievement and student behavior, enabling children to become successful life-long learners.
- We believe that the chief purpose of the school is the all-around development of each child as an individual and as a citizen.
- We believe that it is our duty as teachers to train pupils, that they may learn to live together peaceably, cooperatively, and efficiently as intelligent individuals in an increasingly changing world.
- We believe in a democratically operated school system at all levels. Pupils will learn the democratic way only as they have a chance to share it.
- We believe that the school should help develop in its pupils a strong sense of sound American patriotism together with a full understanding of the liberties and responsibilities which come under citizenship.
- We believe that community understanding, interest, and cooperation are necessary for the continuing success of any desirable school program.
- We believe that good classroom order and a healthy, cooperative working atmosphere are essential to the effective conduct of any class.
Welcome to the Manhattan School District
New Family Registration
New families that will be registering in the Manhattan Schools can click on the New Family Registration button above and fill out all of the forms online. Instructions to take you through the registration process can be found on our website. After you have completed all of the forms, please come to the District Office at Wilson Creek School to prove residency and show an original birth certificate.
Please bring with you:
- Proof of residency form, printed and filled out
- 1 supporting document from Category I
- 2 supporting documents from Category II
- Student's original birth certificate from the county where your child was born
We will make copies of all original documents and return them to you.
It usually takes 2 school days after you prove residency and register for your student to start school.
Information regarding health requirements, registration fees, and school supplies can also be found on our website.
Superintendent Letter to Parents
One Book, One Manhattan
One Book, One Manhattan Book Club (Picture from August Board of Education Meeting)
Sydnie Lenz, Sara Ott, Jason Cler, Ben Pluskota, Maddie Davis, Olivia Hopper, Jared Podgorny, Tera Sparks, Claire Anderson, Maddie Anderson, Isabelle Bergin, Jessie Marshall, Olivia Murphy, Jimmy Cler, Owen Hopper, Holly Brown, Kate Jensen, Olivia Froling, Drew Murphy
Manhattan PTO, Manhattan-Elwood Public Library, First Bank of Manhattan, Manhattan Collision Center, Manhattan Mechanical Services, Manhattan Firefighters Association, Illinois Eye Associates, Home Star Bank, Curves, McHugh Insurance, Hansens Villa, Country Financial, Fritz's, Manhattan Woman's Club, Manhattan Lions Club, Hawk Health, Manhattan Dental Care, Kid Country Childcare, Doc's Drugs of Manhattan, Manhattan Park District
Almost Home By: Joan Bauer
Slob By: Ellen Potter
Legend By: Marie Lu
Ungifited By: Gordon Korman
Bomb: The Race to Build and Steal the World's Most Dangerous Weapon By: Steve Sheinkin