The 5Essentials parent survey is to be completed by parents, guardians, or other caregivers with a child in grades pre-kindergarten through 8. The parent survey is available in English and Spanish and takes approximately 10 minutes to complete. If parents have more than one (1) child that attends the same school, they may elect to participate multiple times. For parents with children enrolled in multiple schools, we request that they participate in the survey for each school. Only one parent per household may participate in the survey. The survey opened on Oct. 23, 2018 and will close on Jan. 18, 2019. Manhattan #114 is asking all parents/guardians to complete the survey. Thank you for your cooperation.
MANHATTAN 114 ISBE REPORT CARDS
- September 18, 2018 - Petitions may begin being circulated
- December 10, 2018 - First Day for filing petition with County Clerk
- December 17, 2018 - Last Day for filing petition with County Clerk
- April 2, 2019 - Consolidated Election
New Family Registration
Welcome to the Manhattan School District
New families that will be registering in the Manhattan Schools should contact Mrs. Debbie Jones in the District Office at 815-531-3350 or by emailing her at firstname.lastname@example.org, to schedule an appointment.
Information regarding health requirements, registration fees, and school supplies can be found on our website.
The District Office is located at: Wilson Creek Elementary, 25440 S. Gougar Rd, Manhattan, IL 60442. Walk-in Registration is between 8:00am - 1:00pm. Other times available by scheduling an appointment with Mrs. Jones.
- We believe that the chief purpose of the school is the all-around development of each child as an individual and as a citizen.
- We believe that it is our duty as teachers to train pupils, that they may learn to live together peaceably, cooperatively, and efficiently as intelligent individuals in an increasingly changing world.
- We believe in a democratically operated school system at all levels. Pupils will learn the democratic way only as they have a chance to share it.
- We believe that the school should help develop in its pupils a strong sense of sound American patriotism together with a full understanding of the liberties and responsibilities which come under citizenship.
- We believe that community understanding, interest, and cooperation are necessary for the continuing success of any desirable school program.
- We believe that good classroom order and a healthy, cooperative working atmosphere are essential to the effective conduct of any class.
BRIGHT STAR AWARD WINNER
Manhattan named to TOP Ten Safest Cities in Illinois (click link to go to article)
Manhattan, IL is a SAFE place to live and raise your family. Manhattan recently was named to the Top Ten of the Top 50 Safest Cities in Illinois. In fact, Manhattan ranks #8 in the safest cities in the State of Illinois. It takes the entire community to make Manhattan Great!
Manhattan named to TOP 25 SUBURBS (click link to go to article)
Manhattan, IL is a great place to live and raise your family. According to niche.com, Manhattan is #25 on the list of Top 100 suburbs to live in Illinois. Manhattan School District 114 is very proud to be a part of the reason why Manhattan is recognized as a great place to live, raise, your family, and educate your children.
Chicago Magazine recognizes Manhattan 114 Schools by ranking Anna McDonald School as #2 Elementary School in Will County (click link to go to article)